How to make one?
- While on a morning walk (in a coconut tree rich areas) you will find these small baby coconuts below the coconut trees.
- Pick one of them and peel off the covering on the baby coconut. This exposes the soft part of the baby coconut.
- Now pick up two broom dried sticks (made from the coconut leaf). Take a stick of 6″ and pierce one end into the coconut, then slowly bend the stick so as to make a “U” (English alphabet) so that the other end reaches the soft surface of the coconut.
- Now you have a U stuck into the coconut.
- Make three 1o” sticks from the remaining coconut sticks
- Now inset one of the 10″ stick into the soft coconut just in between the U
- We are almost ready.
- Now insert the two 10″ sticks such that it passes from under the U on top of the middle stick and the again goes under the U (see the figure)
Video shows how it is used by kids to play.